Risk Management (Webinar)
Our fully online Risk Management one-day webinar course has been designed to assist learners in implementing and improving a company’s risk management framework and processes.
The Risk Management webinar course is suitable for small and medium sized business owners, residential builders, large building & civil sector company on-site and off-site personnel including supervisors, site managers, project managers, foreman and leading hands.
With the Risk Management online course, learners will:
- Learn to manage health and safety risks as required by New Zealand Health and Safety Regulations.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to improve a company’s risk management framework.
- Earn 8 credits towards your Health and Safety in Construction Programme
- Achieve NZQA Unit Standard 30265 - Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role - level 3, 8 NZQA credits.
Webinar system requirements: Windows is preferred. Android and iOS are acceptable. Use of phones is not recommended due to having to view presentations during the webinar. Test your system here before registering.
Each learner will need to use their own individual device to complete the webinar component of the course.
What the webinar course covers
This online webinar course enables businesses to manage their health and safety risks as required by New Zealand Health and Safety Regulations.
Using ISO 31000 as a guide, learners will examine both the external and internal drivers of risk that impact their company’s ability to meet its objectives. Leaners will look at the key principles of risk management and relevant key terms.
Learners will evaluate and identify opportunities to improve a company’s risk management framework, including improving a company’s commitment to workers and contractor’s performance.
Learners will discuss the requirements of current New Zealand Regulations and WorkSafe New Zealand guidelines. This will include both a case study and learners own experiences to create a formal risk management process that applies specifically to the learner’s business.
Learner's will also review some of the common risk management methodologies in use to determine the best one to use for specific situations.
What you will learn
- Understand the need for risk management
- Understand the legal requirements
- Assess and control health and safety risks
- Understand the risk management process
- Recognise risk management methods
- Define health and safety culture
What learners will get at the end of the webinar course
- A Site Safety Card (Passport) valid for two years
- 8 Licensed Building Practitioner points
- 8 credits towards the Health and Safety in Construction Programme
- Unit Standard 30265 - Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role - level 3, 8 NZQA credits
- A downloadable and printable E-certificate to celebrate your achievement
Next learning steps
Completing a Site Safe Passport means learners gain/renew their site access for the next two years.
When it's time to renew your site access you don't need to complete the same course again, expand your Health and Safety knowledge with a different course that's relevant to you. Your site access will automatically renew and you'll earn extra credits towards your Health and Safety in Construction Programme.
Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options after completing successfully this course.
Check out our Training CPD Matrix to see Site Safe courses and credits at a glance.
Please note: Our Customer Services team will be in contact with you if we do not have a form of identification on file. This is required by NZQA and the Tertiary Education.
Book your seat on the next course today, or contact us for more information.
For a full list of our training courses visit our Our Training Courses page.
Need to maintain or renew your Site Safety card?
Maintain your Site Safety Card by choosing the right course for your current role. Download our easy to read card/course option poster and progress your career with our Health and Safety in Construction Programme Certificate.