Registered Electrical Workers
This is a one-day electrical safety competence course. To attend this course, you must already be a Registered Electrical Worker. On completion of this course, you will be eligible to renew your Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) practising license and First Aid/CPR.
The Registered Electrical Workers course is for registered residential and commercial Electrical Workers, including those who are self-employed and Trainee Limited Certificate holder with at least 2 years apprenticeship experience (this course is not applicable for Line Mechanics or Cable Jointers or Trainee Limited Certificate holder with less than 2 years apprenticeship experience).
With the Registered Electrical Workers course, you will:
- Renew your Competence Programme requirement towards renewing your practising license.
- Gain/renew your Site Safety Card at the same time, saving money, time and travelling costs.
- Gain practical testing skills in line with AS/NZS 3000:2007 Section 8 and AS/NZS 3760:2010.
- Gain competence in First Aid/CPR.
- Earn 4 credits towards your Health and Safety in Construction Programme.
Important Pre-Course Action
- As required by the EWRB, please complete two brief online modules before attending this course and bring your certificate to the course.
- Bring your own test equipment – Multi-meter, Insulation Resistance Tester and RCD Tester.
- Review and bring a copy of AS/NZS 3000:2007 Section 8 to the course.
- Additionally, please open and read the attachment to ensure this is the right course for you before booking.
- Covered shoes MUST be worn on the course.
To attend this course, you must be one of these:
IMPORTANT - Follow the Registered Electrical Workers flowchart to ensure you meet the course requirements.
To attend this course, you must either be a:
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Installer
- Electrical Service Technician (EST)
- Associated Tradesperson (AT)
- Electrical Appliance Serviceperson (EAS)
- Electrical Appliance Serviceperson (Endorsed)
- Electrical Inspector (Can only be trained and tested by another Electrical Inspector)
- Limited Certificate Holder (applies to Overseas Applicants obtaining their Limited Certificate)
- Trainee Limited Certificate Holder with at least 2 years apprenticeship experience
Please note: Line Mechanics and Cable Jointers or Trainee Limited Certificate holder with less than 2 years apprenticeship experience CANNOT do the Site Safe Registered Electrical Workers course.
What The Course Covers
- Revise electrical supervision
- Testing appliances AS/NZS 3760:2010
- Revise Residual Current Devices (RCD)
- Revise Multiple Earthed Neutral (MEN) Systems
- Understand AS/NZS 3000:2007
- Revise Code of Compliance and Certificate of Verification
- Theoretical and practical competence testing
Health and Safety
- Shape health and safety culture through positive conversations
- Take action to improve health and safety on site
- Covers specific requirements in legislation and codes of practice for the electrical industry.
- Run by a qualified First Aid/CPR trainer.
Site Safe regularly reviews and updates course content in partnership with the construction industry to ensure alignment to best practice industry standards. Our latest version of the Site Safe Passport takes an interactive format, including group workshops and videos to ensure an engaging and enjoyable learning experience. Visit our Why Choose Site Safe Training page for more information.
What You Will Learn
What You Will get at the End of the Course:
- A Site Safety Card/Passport (valid two years)
- A course workbook detailing the electrical competence training
- 8 Licensed Building Practitioner points
- Earn 4 credits towards your Health and Safety in Construction Programme
- A downloadable and printable E-certificate to celebrate your achievement.
Next Learning Steps
Completing a Site Safe Passport means you'll gain site access for the next two years.
Next time you want to renew your site access, you can expand your health and safety knowledge with a new course that's relevant to you. We now offer a suite of cost-effective four-hour Passport Plus courses on specific subjects, as well as a variety of one and two-day courses, all of which will renew your Site Safety Card/Passport.
Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options after successfully completing this course.
Check out our Training CPD Matrix to see Site Safe courses and credits at a glance.
Need to maintain or renew your Site Safety card?
Maintain your Site Safety Card by choosing the right course for your current role. Download our easy to read card/course option poster and progress your career with our Health and Safety in Construction Programme Certificate.