Changes to Health and Safety Reform Bill
24 Jul 2015
Several key changes were announced by WorkSafe NZ to the Health and Safety Reform Bill currently before Parliament.
On the 24 of July Work Safe NZ released an update on the Reform Bill which makes some changes to the Bill in the following sections:
- How volunteers are covered by the Bill
- Clarifying the scope of a 'workplace'
- Clarifying the scope responsibility of a Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking
- Creating more flexibility in worker participation
- Clarifying who has a duty as an 'officer'.
For more information visit: https://worksafe.govt.nz/laws-and-regulations/acts/hswa/
The Health and Safety Reform Bill remains planned to be passed late in 2015, and there will be some months from being passed to when it comes into force. An education campaign will support people to prepare for the new law.