Safety Advisor and Learning Facilitator
P: 06 213 4199
P: 021 557 402
Tony joined the Site Safe team in January 2013 as a Safety, Health and Environmental Advisor and Trainer.
Tony has great expertise in the carpentry trade. His carpentry background developed during his 20 year span in the New Zealand Army. During this time he moved from non-commissioned officer to Warrant Officer, with the shared responsibility for operational maintenance of Waiouru Military Camp and Housing Area.
Tony then began his 17 year career at the Building and Construction Industry Training Organisation (BCITO), as a Training Advisor and then the Central North Island Regional Manager. He was responsible for growing the Palmerston North BCITO team to 10 Training Advisors and two administrative staff over nine year period (2001- 2010). Tony has proven human resource management skills, including the recruitment and appointment process, training and supervision.
Following that period, Tony spent some time as a self-employed contractor working as an assessor for the Licensed Building Practitioner Scheme. Tony is a qualified assessor and gained NZQA Unit Standards in ‘Assessment of Adult Learning and Moderation’.
Through his valuable skills, knowledge and education of the carpentry sector, Tony can clearly see how health and safety programmes impact on businesses and change the attitude and culture on site. It’s Tony’s goal to see every trainee and their company develop their Health and Safety awareness and ensure a safer working environment.
Tony can bring to his clients
- Assistance with interpretation of health and safety specific legislation
- Aid in developing safety plans and audits for specific purposes
- Facilitation and presentation of training
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills
- Practical knowledge of the building and construction industry
- Site Specific Safety Planning
- Assessor for Licensed Building Practitioner Scheme
- Sound communication skills
- Workplace training and assessment of performance against designated skills
- Knowledge of Carpentry: practical and theoretical
- New Zealand Trade and Advanced Trade Certificate in Carpentry
- NZIM Certificate In Supervisory Management
- National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety and Injury Prevention (Theory) (L4)
- National Certificate In Adult Education (L4)
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) International General Certificate
Currently working on upskilling on Accident Investigation procedures and also increasing his knowledge on Asbestos Related activities