Getting Kiwi workers home safe to their whānau at the end of each day, for the past 20 years.
Why we do what we do
Proud to be Safe.
Building safer and healthier workplaces together.
Health and Safety Policy
What We Do
Our focus is in the health and safety area of the construction industry, where we aim to provide the best leadership, behaviour and systems to support a positive change in the health and safety culture in New Zealand.
To achieve our mission and to help our members and the wider construction industry reach their health and safety goals, we focus on three strategic objectives:
Take the Lead
- The construction industry will be a leader in health, safety, and wellbeing.
- Companies that have a culture of safety that is embedded in their business practices.
- Building the knowledge and confidence of our people so that they can make an effective contribution to keep their workplace safe.
All staff and members uphold our values in the way we work and the way we demonstrate our commitment to each other and to the success of the organisation.
Safety – Safety and Health are at the forefront of what we do and who we are.
Attitude – We are respectful and honest. We believe with passion and work with integrity
Fairness – Our willingness to listen and learn enables continuous improvement towards excellence. We have inquiring minds and are open to change for the best outcomes.
Engagement – Our sense of team and trusting relationships enables robust debate and best practice development.
- Over 6,200 businesses from all parts of the construction and related industries are Site Safe members.
- We train over 78,000 people a year, giving them the skills and knowledge to stay safe on all types of sites.
- Relationships with major construction companies and crown entities.
- The development of SiteWise - the contractor management database - for the construction industry to effectively prequalify and manage contractor health and safety systems.
- A nationwide service through Regional offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Site Safes Safety Advisors operate throughout the country and are qualified and experienced to provide tailor made solutions for businesses at all levels.