Site Safe Scholarships
Each year Site Safe supports the health and safety leaders of tomorrow by providing scholarships to complete higher-level learning. Join our growing list of proud graduates.
2022 Scholarship applications are CLOSED.
Applying for a scholarship is a great way to jump start your career and achieve your leadership goals in the construction industry.
Successful applicants receive:
- Complimentary training
- Mentoring and support
- The opportunity to celebrate their graduation with the rest of the industry
If you wish to complete your application through some other format, such as audio or video, or with the assistance of someone else, please contact us to discuss how you can submit your application.
Scholarships are open to employees from both Site Safe member and non-member companies.
About the Scholarship
The scholarship includes:
- Complimentary training on courses in the Health and Safety in Construction programme. Successful completion of these courses will lead to the awarding of the New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 3). (Please note: training must be completed within 12-months).
- Mentoring support to complete training and assignment work.
- An invitation to our Evening of Celebration so you can graduate in style in front of friends and family.
There are six categories for entry:
- Under 25 years of age (any ethnicity)
- Open (any age or ethnicity)
- Maori (of any age)
- Pasifika (of any age)
- Women working in construction (any age or ethnicity)
- Accessibility (any age or ethnicity)
Who can get a scholarship
You can apply to be nominated if you are working in construction or a construction-related field, are over the age of 18, and:
- Are of Māori or Pasifika descent (if applying under the Māori or Pasifika category)
- Are under 25 years of age (if applying under the Under 25 category)
- Are a woman (if applying under the Women in Construction category)
- Identify as neurodiverse and/or English is not your first language and/or have a disability (if applying under the Accessibility category)
How are scholarship applications assessed?
The applications are assessed against the following criteria:
- Leadership skills
- Commitment to safety
- Work ethic
- A contribution to safety in the workplace and/or industry and/or community
- Employer support (if applicable)
Timeline of the scholarship process - Applications are CLOSED.
- We accept applications throughout September to November 2022. Please send your application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assessment of the scholarship applications occurs during November 2022.
- In December 2022 we will announce the successsful Scholarship recipients and notify other applicants of the outcome.