Site Safe Scholarships
Each year Site Safe supports the health and safety leaders of tomorrow by providing scholarships to complete higher-level learning. Join our growing list of proud graduates.
2021 Scholarship applications are now CLOSED.
Applying for a scholarship is a great way to jump start your career and achieve your leadership goals in the construction industry. You can apply whether you’re employed, an individual, or a sole trader.
Successful applicants receive:
- Free training
- Quality mentorship
- The opportunity to celebrate their graduation with the rest of the industry
If you wish to complete your application through some other format, such as audio or video, or with the assistance of someone else, please contact us to discuss how you can submit your application.
Scholarships are open to employees from both Site Safe member and non-member companies.
About the Scholarship
The scholarship includes:
- Complimentary training from any of our Site Safe courses that you can use to work towards completing our Health and Safety in Construction programme, which leads to the NZQA recognised New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 3). Training must be completed over a 6 to 12-month period.
- Mentoring support to complete training and assignment work.
- An invitation to our Evening of Celebration so you can graduate in style in front of friends and family.
There are five categories for entry:
- Under 25 years of age category (any ethnicity)
- Open category (any age or ethnicity)
- Maori category (of any age)
- Pasifika category (of any age)
- Women working in construction category (any age or ethnicity)
Who can get a scholarship
You can be nominated by your employer if you:
- Are working in construction or a construction-related field and are over the age of 18
- Are of Maori or Pasifika descent (if applying under the Maori or Pasifika category)
- Are under 25 years of age (if applying under the under 25 years of age category)
- Are a woman working in construction (if applying under the Women in Construction category)
How are scholarship applications assessed?
The applications are assessed against the following criteria:
- Leadership skills
- Commitment to safety
- Work ethic
- A contribution to safety in the workplace and in their industry
- Employer support, or as a sole trader
Timeline of the scholarship process - Applications are now CLOSED.
- We accept applications throughout July and August 2021. Please send your application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assessment of the scholarship applications occurs during September 2021.
- We will notify all applicants of their outcome of their application at the start of October 2021.