Training and Supervising Workers (Webinar)
Our fully online one-day webinar course has been designed for anyone who is responsible for workers on-site.
This webinar course is suitable for all site leaders, including; site managers, health and safety managers, supervisors and foremen.
With the Training and Supervising Workers course, learners will:
- Examine the link between workers’ training, experience and competence.
- Gain the tools to be able to effectively monitor workers, evaluate skill levels and training needs.
Please use your own individual email address and device. Sharing email addresses and devices will negatively impact your ability to complete course requirements and the administration of your course.
For the optimum webinar experience, please use Windows operating systems. While Android and iOS are acceptable, we cannot guarantee you will receive the best performance. Use of mobile phones is not recommended as you are required to view presentations throughout the webinar. Test your system here before registering.
To complete this course successfully, learners must be able to read and understand conversational English. If you are not comfortable with English comprehension, we recommend attending a classroom course at a Site Safe training centre. Please contact us if you need assistance in choosing the right course for you.
Each learner will need to use their own individual device to complete the webinar component of the course.
What the webinar course covers
- Understanding your legal duties for training and supervision
- Evaluating and recording the training and qualifications required by your workers
- Evaluating the competence level of each worker for each job based on their training, experience, qualifications and observing their work methods
- Recognising how to work with other contractors to ensure the level of monitoring and supervision provided to each worker matches their level of competence
- Learn how to improve your company’s safety and efficiency through your health and safety culture.
- Home assignment
Site Safe regularly reviews and updates course content in partnership with the Construction industry, to ensure alignment to best practice industry standards. Visit our Why Choose Site Safe Training page for more information.
What learners will get at the end of the webinar course
After completing the course, learners will receive:
- A Site Safety Card (Passport) valid for two years
- 8 Licensed Building Practitioner points
- Earn 7 credits towards the Health and Safety in Construction Programme
- A downloadable and printable E-certificate to celebrate your achievement
Your next learning steps
Completing this webinar course and passing the assignment means learners gain/renew their site access for the next two years.
When it's time to renew your site access again you don't need to complete the same course - expand your health and safety knowledge with a different course that's relevant to you.
Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options.
Completing this webinar course will also mean that you are well on your way to gaining a qualification in health and safety; check out the Health and Safety in Construction Programme page for more info.
Please note: Our Customer Services team will be in contact with you if we do not have a form of identification on file. This is required by NZQA and the Tertiary Education.
Book your seat on the next course today, or contact us for more information.
For a full list of our training courses visit our Our Training Courses page.
Need to maintain or renew your Site Safety card?
Maintain your Site Safety Card by choosing the right course for your current role. Download our easy to read card/course option poster and progress your career with our Health and Safety in Construction Programme Certificate.